ATP-Gold Pole Vault Camp
ATP Gold Medal Camp-July 14 - 20, 2019:
A perfect camp double. This 7 day camp may very well be the best pole vault camp format in the country. The vaulter will start out by developing a strong foundation in the approach, plant and takeoff. During the second part of the ATP Gold camp the vaulter will be able focus on a more efficient swing up, and invert. These campers will get the opportunity to spend a significant amount of time on the SI Device. This camp has had numerous vaulters improve by 2 or more feet.
ATP (early session)-July 14 - 17, 2019:
This portion of the ATP Gold Camp is designed as the ultimate preparation for the Gold Medal Camp. This session will focus on the (A) approach, (T) takeoff, and (P) plant and will provide the following:
• A detailed emphasis on the most important phases of the pole vault.
• A SPEED DEVELOPMENT CAMP: This camp has made a significant increase in the speed of a large number of vaulters in the 15 past years including an average improvement of .29 in the flying 30m at the 2011 camp.
• Learn to grip higher and how to avoid breaking poles.
• Allows the camper to spend more time on inverting in the Gold Medal camp.
• Prepare for a higher level of success in the Gold Medal Camp. One 11 foot vaulter actually vaulted 15 feet the weekend following the ATP Gold Pole Vault Camp.
This camp is only available to the first 20 vaulters that want to prepare for an even greater Gold Medal Camp.
Date: July 14 - 20, 2019
Coaches' cost: $300 ($150 deposit)
Athletes' cost: $650 ($150 deposit)
Camp Deposit: Send personal checks, cashiers check or money order payable to Pole Vault University at
Pole Vault University
1291 N. 1083 Road
Lawrence, KS 66049
Application Deadline: Since the numbers are limited, apply as soon as possible. No Applications are guaranteed one week prior the camp.
Pay Balance at Check-in: The balance can be paid in cash, personal check or money order. Checks payable to Pole Vault University.
Check-in time & check-in location for this pole vault camp: Check in at 12:30 pm on the first day of camp at the Capitol City Plaza Hotel at 1717 Topeka Blvd. Eat lucn before checking in.
Confirmation Letter: After completing your online application and mailing in your deposit you will receive a confirmation letter confirming your acceptance in the camp. Along with the deposit you should try to include the medical history with your parent's signature and your physician's statement and signature. The physician's statement and signature are not necessary if you send a copy of your school physical.
1. What to bring: workout gear, running shoes, spiked shoes(optional), toiletries, towels, pen, and notebook.
2. Campers will provide their own meals. They will be transported to and from local Restaurants.
3. All campers must be covered by a family health and accident insurance policy. Please note company and policy number on the application.
4. Please fill out the application completely and send it to the address on the application form. You cannot participate in the camp without all of the proper signatures.
5. A copy of this year’s physical will be acceptable instead of the physicians statement.
6. Campers must make arrangements for their own transportation to and from the camp. Transportation to and from the track and restaurants will be provided.
7. Housing will be provided at Capitol City Plaza at 1717 SW Topeka Blvd. The coaching staff will also stay at the hotel.
8. If a camper arrives a day early or leaves a day late he/she must make their own reservations for a hotel.
9. All campers must abide by the camp rules. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from camp activities or the camper may be sent home without refund.
10. All personal checks, cashiers checks or money orders should be Payable to Pole Vault U.
11. Acceptance to this camp will be confirmed by a confirmation letter with additional camp and registration information. This camp admits all qualified applicants without regard to disability, race, color, religion, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
For Further Information: (phone) 785-840-8722 or