Pole Vault Univeristy
Pole Vault Camps
Psychology of Motor Learning
Using the science of athletics...
2023 Summer Camps
June Day Camp (hotel not included) June 12 - 15
July Pole Vault Camp - July 9 - 13
...and the art of coaching to prepare athletes physically, technically, mentally, and emotionally.
July High Jump Camp
July 18 - 20, 2021 (overnight camp 9:00am - 9:00pm):
Renamed in honor of the numerous State Champions that have attended this camp. The camp has been attended by campers from 41 of the 50 states and numerous countries throughout the world. This is an intense 4 day camp that concentrates on each phase of the pole vault. This camp was created 33 years ago to accommodate athletes of every level and is the template for the Elite Camp.
This camp offers:
• 6 lectures which will provide the knowledge needed for continued progress.
• 6 jump sessions & 6 drill sessions.
• Video analysis sessions for each camper
• Physical and technical evaluations for each camper.
• A sound estimate of what curve would work best for the camper.
Date: July 18 - 20, 2021
Coaches' cost: $250
Athletes' cost: $450
Application & Payment: Click Camp Application Tab above
Application Deadline: Since the numbers are limited, apply as soon as possible. No Applications are guaranteed one week prior the camp.
Check-in time & check-in location for this pole vault camp: Check-in will be at 4:00 pm at Washburn University's new
Indoor Athletic Facility at 1785 Durow Avenue on Washburn U's campus.
1. What to bring: workout gear, running shoes, spiked shoes(optional), toiletries, towels, pen, and notebook.
2. Campers will provide their own meals. They will be transported to nearby restaurants.
3. Campers must make arrangements for their own transportation to and from the camp. Transportation to and from the track and restaurants will be provided.
4. Housing will be provided - Location to be determined
5. If a camper arrives a day early or leaves a day late he/she must make their own reservations for a hotel.
6. All campers must abide by the camp rules. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from camp activities or the camper may be sent home without refund.
For Further Information: (phone) 785-840-8722 or polevaultU@gmail.com